Monday, May 24, 2010

No Longer LOST


For the past six years, Lamar and I have been faithfully watching LOST.  Hoping with each episode we would learn more, figure out the secrets, find out if they were really LOST.  For 6 years we have yelled at the screen, checked out on-line discussions, talked about conspiracy theories with where the plot was going.  For 6 years we have waited for the answer.  So what is that answer....THEY ARE ALL DEAD!!!!   

I still have questions...Where did the polar bear come from?  What is the fertility issue?  Is the island really there?

Lamar made a special dinner for occasion.  I was busy teaching a class all weekend and put him in charge of dinner.  I know that he was thinking of doing a Lost inspired meal.  I was honestly expecting Hawaiian pizza and generic beer.  No, he made macadamia nut crusted halibut, salad, potatoes.  Yes, he researched recipes and cooked everything himself.  He even made cookies and mai tais!!  He made sure to get photographic proof of this occasion!


I have to say that I was disappointed in LOST, but not our meal.  Thanks Lamar!

1 comment:

  1. I was disappointed at first too, because I thought they all died in the original crash, and that is what they were trying to say. But after about fifteen minutes, when I realized they were only dead in the sideways world and everything else really happened and was real, I feel very satisfied. I feel like they did a good job of answering my questions. I'd love to talk more about it with you. And I always wished Mike watched it with me, so we could talk about it. What a fun (and late) night!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete