Sunday, March 27, 2011

Bacon Jam

I came across this recipe and was instantly intrigued.  Bacon Jam.  I was not sure if I was salivating or repulsed.  I thought about it for two weeks and knew that I just had to give it a try.  How can you go wrong with bacon kissed with some maple syrup, bourbon and mixed with caramelized onions?

I picked up some really great thick sliced apple wood smoked bacon.  Good quality bacon is key to this.  The prep work was really easy and before I knew it my house smelled fantastic of bacon and sweet onions.  After an hour of simmering I was ready to run it through the food processor and give this concoction a try.

It was love at first bite!  It was fantastic on our sliders for dinner.  For breakfast we slathered it on waffles and topped with just a bit of maple syrup.  Culinary utopia.  I have so many ideas for this stuff.  Sandwiches, breakfast rolls, stuffed meat.  I can go on and on.  This will become a new staple for football season.  It was so good that Lamar even shared a link to the recipe on his Facebook page.

Now, I did think of taking pictures of this stuff, but they did not come out nearly as well as the pictures on the blog where I found the recipe.  Just go look at those pictures and I will bet you will be on your way out to search for some great bacon and make yourself up a batch of this stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Mike and Mindy RothMarch 27, 2011 at 5:12 PM

    Going to have to try this one!

    ReplyDelete