Tuesday, February 28, 2012

National Pancake Day

After school today Shianne announced that today was National Pancake Day.  Since I did not have any plans for dinner yet we decided to make pancakes to celebrate.  I did not want to make the same ones that I always make so we searched my Pinterest boards and found the perfect recipe.  Welch Breakfast Cakes.  These are more of a cross between biscuits and pancakes.  Sturdy little cakes that are made similar to biscuits except they are cooked on a griddle.  They puff up and have a fantastic flavor...butter and nutmeg.  I could not just leave the recipe alone and I used one cup whole wheat flour and 2 cups white flour instead of using all white flour.  We simply put some butter and cinnamon sugar on these.  Rave reviews from the kiddos.








1 comment: