Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympics!!


I am so excited for tonight.  Opening Ceremonies!!  I look forward to this every 4 years.  I LOVE the Winter Olympics.  Yes, the Summer Olympics are fun to watch, but the Winter ones really give me warm fuzzies.  I just can't get enough of the speed down the slopes and around the tracks.  I am not sure where this love comes from, especially since the only thing I personally enjoy about skiing is sitting in a lodge sipping a warm drink.

The Olympics are so close to us this year.  I really wanted to go.  I wanted the kids to experience the Olympics first hand.  Feel the energy.  Surround themselves with International culture.  I would be happy to be there even if we did not have event tickets.  I tried to get them.  I was on so many wait lists.  But, alas, it was not in the cards this year.  I will be watching them from my warm couch.

Whistler, BC holds a special place in my heart.  It is where Lamar and I went for our honeymoon 12 years ago.  We have been back several times and I am sure we will be back in the near future.  Pictures of the event venues on Whistler Mountain were being shown on TV this morning and Shianne thought it was cool to see a shot from the same place one of my favorite family photos was taken, high atop Blackcomb Mountain, looking across to Whistler.

For the next two weeks, Lamar will be an Olympic Widower.  I am sure he is fine with this, since I have been a football widow for months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment