Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Making Butter

The beautiful butter!





Nora Beth enjoying herself as she shook the jar.




The fresh milk!




I just picked up some raw cow's milk from a local dairy. There was so much cream at the top of the jar. It was screaming "make butter out of me."





I got the girls involved. They really enjoyed shaking the jar. Shianne seemed doubtful that this cream would actually turn to butter. Nora Beth did not know what we were doing, but she knew that it involved food, so therefore she was interested.




The girls had fun shaking the jar. It took longer than I thought it would. I think I put to much cream in the jar - not enough air. Then suddenly the sound changed and we had BUTTER! It was a beautiful yellow color. It tasted wonderful on the fresh whole wheat bread. Yumm!


(I know these pictures posted backwards and not with the text - I am still learning how to do this - bear with me while I learn! LOL)

1 comment:

  1. I think the last time I made butter from scratch was in second grade as a science project. I had no idea it would turn so yellow. It looks lovely.

    You can click and drag your photos wherever you want them. I still have difficulty formatting posts to lookt he way I want.

    Welcome to blogging, Stacey!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete