Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My Birthday Love

I was not thinking much about my upcoming birthday.  Really, in my opinion, it was just another day.  Another year marked.  I have no anxiety about turning 35.  It was just my birthday and I was hoping to just get a nice dinner.

A week before my birthday I knew something was up.  I was told to keep Friday evening open by Lora and Lamar was asking weird questions.  I figured out that Lora was throwing some sort of party for me, but was not sure of the details.  Friends started to arrive at my house and I was quickly seated in a vehicle and taken away.  We arrived at Willamette Valley Vineyards.  Lora had arranged for a private dinner party for me and seven of my friends.  It was a wonderful surprise.  The room was so beautiful, the view amazing and best of all, I was surrounded by wonderful friends, food and laughter.  The evening was great.  It was so wonderful to be surrounded by so much love from my friends.

On Sunday, my actual birthday, Lamar made arrangements for us to go up in a hot air balloon.  This was so much fun.  We got up really early and headed to Newberg for the launch site.  We could not have planned for a more beautiful morning.  It was clear enough to see all 5 mountains.  What a great treat!  The day ended with an impromptu party of even more loving friends.

I had so many wonderful things happen to me over the past few days.  I am really feeling the love from my friends and Lamar.  They all went out of their way to make me feel special.  I am so thankful that I have all of them in my life.


1 comment:

  1. That last picture is amazing! I'm so happy that you had such a wonderful weekend -- you deserve it!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete