Thursday, June 10, 2010

Privacy

I was hoping that it would not come to this, but recent events are forcing me to make a change with my blog.  I have not been posting much lately, for many reasons. 

First of all, I am barely keeping my head above the water with the girls softball schedules and chasing after Calum.  This is my last week of crazy schedule, having to be in three places at one time and balancing it all.  School and sports are coming to an end. 

Second, the blog is being spammed.  I have been receiving quite a bit of unwanted attention from not so scrupulous sources.  I have turned off my comments until the blog is privatized to avoid any future spamming.

Third, I am launching a new professional blog and I want to separate my personal life from my professional life.  Until I decide how much I want to blend the two together I want to keep thing separate.  Don't worry...I will soon post a link to the new blog/website.  Lots of great new things are in the works!!
 
Finally, I am feeling quite watched.  I know, I am the one putting myself out there, but that is not what I mean.  There are many voyeuristic elements of having a blog.  It is a way for others to see into our life and a way for me to document our life.  Unfortunately, this blog is being used as an avenue to find out what I am doing without being involved in our lives.  I am feeling very watched by a certain population and I have had to censor myself on what I really want to be saying.  I no longer want to be censored!!

I know who my regular readers are, and don't worry, you are still going to get your Up On Lavender Hill fix on a daily (ahem..semi regular)  basis.  You will just need to sign in with your e-mail address to access the blog.  I do not have e-mail addresses for all of you.  Please send me an e-mail at   stacelynne (at) comcast (dot) net so you can be included.  Do not assume that I have your e-mail address...send it to me anyways!  I hope this is not a permanent change and life will go back to my normal, under the radar, basis.

I will privatize the blog in one week.  So, send me your e-mail address if you want to be included.  I really do love my readers!!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to read you uncensored. And hoping we can get together soon, now that schedules are calming down.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete