Sunday, June 6, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

I do not know what she was thinking.  Nora Beth comes downstairs and quietly tells me that she swallowed a quarter and that her chest hurt.  It was such a random statement from her that I almost did not believe her.  I then remember seeing a quarter on the floor this morning when I was in her room.  That is when I realized that our afternoon was now taking a different direction.  Lamar called our doctor and we were advised to take her to Urgent Care.  I load up Calum and Nora Beth.  Lamar and Shianne stayed home to get ready for Shianne's piano recital that was in two hours.

Fortunately, we were seen quickly.  The triage nurse giggled when she saw Nora Beth's profile.  The last time we were in Urgent Care with her she had stuffed beads up her nose...in fact she did it twice in one day!  While waiting, Nora Beth asked me if the coin would stick to the gum that she swallowed earlier.  Oh my, she ALSO swallowed gum!!!!  A quick X-Ray later and it is determined that there is a quarter in her.  Fortunately, it passed the tricky areas of her esophagus and is happy in her stomach.  Looks like I am on poop patrol for the next few days until George shows up!

No comments:

Post a Comment