Thursday, September 23, 2010

Running Again


Ten weeks ago I started running again.  I have not mentioned it here.  Part of me was not even sure if I would make it this far.  Last time I started running I was plagued with injuries from pushing myself to hard.  This time I did it different.  I started the Couch to 5K program with a friend.  The first few weeks were brutal.  I cursed to myself for what I was getting myself into.  By week 6 I began to hit a groove.  Running became fun again.  I feel so much better when I run.  I look forward to getting up at 5 AM.  No drudgery here.

On Saturday, my running partner Kirsten and I ran the Oktoberfest 5k.  WE DID IT!  Ran the whole way, slow and steady.  It felt like such an accomplishment.

So what is next?  We have another 5K planned in two weeks and a 10K planned for March and hopefully a half marathon by summer.  I am really looking forward to this challenge.

Here we are just after our run...all red and sweaty!

 

1 comment: