Sunday, February 6, 2011

I ran

I ran the Zena Road 6 mile run this morning.  I really did not think much of the run before hand.  Zena Road is a long, flat, straight road near my house.  I thought to myself that this would be an easy, fast run and not much of a challenge.  I should have read the course description a little closer.  It may be called the Zena Road Run, but it is actually not run on Zena Road.  Crap!!  It was on Spring Valley Road...all HILLS!  Maybe ignorance is bliss?  I came upon the turn around point for the three mile runners and so wanted to turn around, but I plowed forward and made it.  All I can say is that there were some great downhill parts of the course!

I felt like I was running a snails pace but realized when I crossed the finish line that I was right on track for my normal turtle pace.  So even with the hills I kept my pace and finished the race strong running!

I spoke with my running partner tonight and we are going to do this course together next week to help with our half marathon training.  Saturdays mornings are now going to become our long run day.  The half marathon will be here before we know it.

1 comment: