Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Food Shopping

The girls and I headed up to Portland with my friend Julie for some specialty food shopping. It was fun going to these stores. I stocked up at Bobs Red Mill and even brought home two large (read 25 lb) bags of wheat to try in the soon to arrive grain grinder (Thanks Linda!). I am really excited to try grinding my own grains. Julie introduced me to a new spice store and we tried an Oriental Market. We both agreed that this particular market was not as good as Owajamia (I probably misspelled that one), but Fubanns was closer and worth a try.

While passing Krispy Kreme, I learned that Julie had never tried their delicacy's. This deserved an immediate u-turn and we promptly ordered 4 glazed donuts. None of us spoke as we devoured the fried sugar creations. Those things are just so darned good! We licked our fingers clean and headed to the next stop.

We made it back to Salem in perfect timing to go to the dentist for Shianne and I (of course we brushed away all evidence of our doughnuts!)

No comments:

Post a Comment