Friday, November 28, 2008

Tuesday's With Dorie, Take 1

I recently signed up with the on-line food blog Tuesday's With Dorie. The concept is that every Tuesday I will be baking and blogging this particular weeks challenge recipe. This week, in recognition of Thanksgiving, the pie is the Thanksgiving Twofer Pie. This pie is a pumpkin pie / pecan pie combination. Ideal for the person who wants a slice of each. It sounded delicious, so I attempted it. I should have posted this yesterday, but alas, it just did not happen...more on this reason later.

I had all the ingredients on hand. The crust is a different recipe from the no-fail crust that I usually make. This was very easy to make. I went to take it out of the oven after the recommended time, and I found that it was not quite done, so I let bake longer. By the time it finally tested as "done" it was much browner than I preferred.

I sliced into the pie and I realized that I was about to have a mess on my hand. The filling was very soft and did not want to hold up. It tasted delicious, although a little on the sweet side for me. The rum in the recipe really made a delicious flavor in the pie. The pie may look overdone, but did not taste overdone at all.

This is a pie that I will definitely make again, but with a little less sugar. I am thrilled with my first Tuesday's With Dorie (TWD) challenge. I am looking forward to next weeks baking!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group! Glad the pie worked out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Stacey, for participating with me this week!
    I'm glad to read your pie turned out fine after the crust being to baked and the filling being to mushy... hummmm... never judge a boog by its cover they say! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to TWD! Great job on your first recipe - it looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about doing this for a long time.

    Looks great!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to the TWD group! The pie looks great!

    ReplyDelete