Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Middle School

Shianne started the 6th grade yesterday.  Yes...I am now the mother of a Middle School Student.  It was a big step for her this year to go to a school that was different from all of her friends.  Shianne was fortunate to get into Howard Street Charter School.  This school offers such a great opportunity to her with it's small class sizes, innovative curriculum and dedicated staff.  I am already impressed with their communication and energy.  Shianne is looking forward to the art classes, choir and drama program.  It is a commitment for us to get her to school since it is on the other side of town.  The quality of program is worth this sacrifice.  I have already set up a carpool schedule that should make it easier on our group of West Salem parents.  I am so excited for Shianne and this opportunity that she has.  I am still in disbelief that I am the mother of a 6th grader!!

No comments:

Post a Comment