Sunday, January 31, 2010

Mom

Today is my mother's birthday.  She would have been 64 today.  She is someone that I think about often, but yet, do not know much about.  I was only 8 when she passed.  I have a few memories.  I have heard some stories growing up, but yet, I really do not know who she really was.  I have had so many more years without her, than I ever had with her.  What were her thoughts?  Dreams?  Wishes?  Plans?

As a mother myself, I cannot imagine not being there for my children as they grow up.  With everything I have had happen health wise over the past few months, this is a thought that has come up.  What would my children remember about me?  What would they pass on to their children?  What would they treasure?

I have so few things that my mother ever touched.  I don't even have a photograph with the two of us.  I do have her hands.  They are also my grandmother's hands and my great-grandmother's hands.  I did not pass these hands on to my daughters.

I am making a commitment to having more pictures with me and my children.  Since I am the one who is always behind the camera I will have to enlist the help of others.  I hope to post these here, for you to see and for my children to treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Made me cry. You guys are just beautiful, and your kids will treasure these forever!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete