Friday, October 16, 2009

100 Days of Calum, Day 52

My two sickies. Lamar and Calum were both down today. Lamar is recovering from his vasectomy. He is doing fine, just a little sore. I am not sure what is wrong with Calum, if anything. He just does not seem like he feels well today - no fever, no stuffiness, just wants to be held.

As for the vasectomy. It was a tough decision. We know that our family feels complete and I do not want to be pregnant again. It really closes a door on our life and I still have mixed feelings about it. I am so enjoying having Calum and it feels sad to me that we will not be doing this again, but I am also looking forward to the freedom of not having little ones in the house. Shianne will be in college when Calum is starting elementary school. That really hits it home for me. It was easier for Lamar to have the procedure than for me, so decision made - he took one for the team.

2 comments:

  1. It has taken me a long time to wrap my mind around the idea that I we won't have another baby or I won't give birth again. I'm still processing it, even though it is the best decision. I hope that both of your boys are doing better in no time.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It doesn't take long to recover from. He'll be walking, slowly, tomorrow and feel back to his old self in a few days.

    You have such a big heart and it's hard not to just keeping having babies but when your family feels complete you just know!

    ReplyDelete