Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!


It is that time of year again. Happy Halloween!! Normally we go all out and decorate the house and throw a party, but this year has been different. With Lamar recuperating when he should have been decorating and me busy with Calum, the Lindsay Haunted House just did not happen.

Nora Beth did not get to dress up this year for the evening of festivities. She is down hard with the flu. She was very disturbed when she found out that she could not go Trick or Treating. She realized that if she did not have any candy, the Halloween Goblin would not come to our house and leave a present in exchange for the candy...and she really wanted a present. We assured her that the Goblin would understand and still visit. This made her feel better.

It was a bummer that she could not go out. We had looked all over town for a Cinderella dress in her size, because only that princess would do. I finally found one. The picture of her is from Thursday when she got to wear it to school.

Shianne decided to go out Trick or Treating at the last minute. We had assumed that she would not be back from the OSU game in time to go out. Shi and Lamar got home quickly, so we came up with a quick Cheerleader outfit. I had found Calum's outfit a month ago, so he was set all along. Halloween came just in time for him to wear his, another ounce on him and the bones would not fit!

I was surprised when I saw the picture of Shi and Calum. This is the first time that I have seen any resemblance between Shianne and myself. I always just see how strongly she takes after Lamar, but for a moment I can tell that she is my child also!

Shianne came home with a load of candy. The Goblin will be happy! Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment