Friday, October 30, 2009

100 Days of Calum, Day 66


Does this picture make you smile? It makes me. This is just the happy expression I needed this morning after the terrible evening I endured.

I stayed up late watching the last two Season 1 episodes of my favorite new TV series, Sons of Anarchy. I was enjoying the quiet of nobody needing anything from me. I nestled into bed at 11:00 and Calum started to stir. I headed upstairs being grateful that he woke before I fell asleep. I fed him and put him back to bed. I get comfy again and Lamar and Boba begin to snore. GRRR. I finally fall asleep and Calum chimes up again. I get out of bed, head back upstairs and tend to him. This happens two more times then Zara starts to stir. She only does this when she is about to get sick from one of her two ends, usually the result from eating chicken. I wonder how she got her paws on the dreaded food. I could not put Calum down fast enough before I smelled what I was about to see. I now spend the next hour cleaning the carpet. I crawl back into bed and a few minutes later I notice the living room light come on. Nora Beth came downstairs sick. She has a fever of 103.8 and tells me that she is achy and her "brain hurts." Looks like the flu has arrived at our house! I get her back to bed and cuddle with her for a while, then Calum is up again. Feed again, put to sleep, head downstairs to Lamar and Boba snoring. No sooner than I fall asleep, Lamar wakes up to get ready for work, completely oblivious to what has happened all night, this wakes up Calum, then Nora Beth. The day looks just like my night!

Shianne decided to take a hour long shower, which made her late getting ready for school. I had to drive her, thus meaning packing up the other two kids for the drive. This is when Calum gave me the great smiles.

Shianne wins the award for being the only person/animal to not keep me awake/cleaning last night! So what is her reward, a night of staying home with a sick sister and tired brother instead of going to go see Rocky Horror Picture Show like I wanted to do with her. I just hope she does not get sick for her big day of OSU Football tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Don't you know that a mother is always punished for staying up late to do something she wants to do without interruption? JK :( I am so sorry that Nora Beth has the flu, and I hope it doesn't spread through the family. The thing about craptastic days, is that there is pretty much no where to go but up.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have to say my nephew is the cutest!!!!

    ReplyDelete