Monday, October 19, 2009

Floored by a bee

I was visiting Target yesterday and ran into a friend in the parking lot as I was leaving. We had a great chat while admiring each other's babies. There was a yellow jacket that was flying around us, but I did not give it much attention.

I should have paid more attention. The next thing I know I was stung on my arm. It hurt, but I brushed it off and walked to the van. I was thinking to myself that I am glad that I was the one that was stung and not Calum. I was wearing him in a wrap at the time and I was stung very close to where his head was resting. I have never had a reaction to a bee sting before, so I started driving home.

That was my first mistake. I barely made it home. By the time I arrived I could not breathe, my head was dizzy and my whole body felt tingly. Lamar got ultra concerned about me and immediately gave me a dose of Benadryl. He really wanted to call an ambulance since I was having such a hard time breathing, but I would not let him. If I was not sick now, I definitely would be after visiting the ER here in Salem.

After a second dose of Benadryl, I started to feel better. What a scary experience. I went to the doctor today and he gave me two Epi pens to carry in case it happens again. My arm really hurts and I still don't feel right, but I am still breathing so I guess I have nothing to complain about.

No comments:

Post a Comment