Friday, September 26, 2008

A death in the kitchen

OK - I know that I have been bad at posting the past two weeks. It has been so busy, that I was barely keeping my head above the water. We are all doing fine. I have taken a deep breath and I am now back on track.

Now to the death in my kitchen. I got up early today to meet a client for a procedure at the hospital. I started a loaf of bread for the dinner I was preparing for another client. I made it home in perfect timing to take the first loaf of bread out of the bread machine and put all the ingredients in for loaf number two. I headed to the bedroom to change my clothes when I heard the noise. It was a CRASH, GURGLE and SCREAM then NOTHING. I knew immediately what happened.

I walked into the kitchen to find the bread maker, of which I lovingly call R2D2, for it's resemblance to same named Star Wars Character. There were pieces scattered on the floor amongst the glob of bread dough. Fortunately there was no damage to my new floor, but I could not say the same for R2D2.
I called Mary Ann to tell her about my loss. She is the one who gave him to me when she attempted No Carb about 10 years ago. He served me well. Probably baked over 300 loaves of bread in him. Maybe purchasing a new rustic bread baking cookbook recently upset him and forced him over the edge. Who knows!
After I told Mary Ann about my loss, Nora Beth got on the phone and sang songs to her Grandma and Grandpa. Here she is singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I went down to Shiannes school today for the Jogathon. This is the big fundraiser for the Parent Club. Shianne made it around the track enough times to equal about 1 mile. Running is definitely not an activity that she enjoys. Lets see how much she runs tomorrow in her soccer game.


2 comments:

  1. Poor R2D2. If you need a replacement, I have one in my cupboard that has never been used -- my sil gave it to me without a manual and I have no idea how to use it, so it has been unappreciated.

    Glad to get a catch-up. Hope things slow down for a bit.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's any comfort, we thoroughly enjoyed R2D2's last loaf of bread. :)

    ReplyDelete