Tuesday, September 9, 2008

This and That

Last week I got some pears from a friend. I put them in the garage to ripen up and I realized yesterday that they were ripe enough to can and dry. I was busy peeling and slicing for what seemed to be an eternity. Nora Beth had a great time helping me, although she ate every pear she could sneak away from me! It was not long until I had beautiful jars of peaches coming off of the stove. It is such a fulfilling feeling to create such wonderful food.

Lamar got me some very ripe tomatoes at the farmers market. I decided to slice them and place them in the dehydrator since I was not going to use them for dinner that night. The girls loved the results and this plate was soon emptied. The weather should heat up enough this week to ripen more tomatoes for us to process in the next week.

The girls said their goodbye's to Grandma Mary Ann last night. She had an early flight this morning. Each girl got some cuddle and story time. We all enjoyed her visit. Nora Beth woke up this morning and looked all over for her Grandma, and was very disappointed to see that she was nowhere to be found.
Now for the football update. Monday Night Football started up last night. I made some delicious Chicago Style Pizza to eat. Chad came over and we all watched the game. Halfway through the game we realized that the pizza was going to be the best part of the event. Part of being a Viking fan includes more dreams than actual trophies, or rings. Here's to another season!

2 comments:

  1. Your dried tomatoes look awesome! Do you season them before you dry them?

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, I just did them au natural. They came out very sweet. They would also be yummy with some Italian seasoning.xsxvu

    ReplyDelete