Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Labor

It seems appropriate that a mama would labor on Labor Day Weekend. The adoption mama finally decided it was time to birth her baby. This mama really surprised me. I know that I had issues with her when we first met and when she stood me up. When labor happened all my pre-conceived ideas about her were thrown out the window. She was amazing in labor. She really listened to her body and did what felt right. The other doula I worked with was also amazing. I am so glad she was there because I had a busy weekend with my other clients and Lamar's mom flying into town. The other doula knew when I agreed to help with this birth that I would have some times that I would be unavailable.



I left the birth so I could go to the airport to pick up MA (Lamar's mom). This was supposed to be a quick trip, but it turned out to be an ordeal. The traffic was crazy both directions and the plane was delayed. We finally made it back home and I felt bad that I had to leave so quickly to go back to the hospital, but that is what I do.



The baby boy finally made his appearance in the evening. His mama was so happy to finally see him. I had no idea how the next few days would play out with the adoption, but this moment was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment