Saturday, June 27, 2009

Summer Fun


Fresh Oregon strawberries are the best!! This is no understatement. Strawberries are in full force right now. I picked up a couple of flats last week and made strawberry jam. I hosted a jam making demonstration to show people how easy it is to make jam and put up food for their families. This is part of the Master Food Preserver program I am in. We sampled the goods with some fresh bread that I made that morning...mmm!



We went to Saturday Market this morning. Nora Beth was so excited to see her favorite balloon clown there. She had no problem waiting in line to get a creation just for her. She choose a ladybug today.


Later this afternoon Nora Beth wanted to try out her new pool. I got it for her almost two weeks ago, but the weather has not been warm enough for her to use it. It has been taunting her in the garage...until today. She wanted me to place it at the bottom of her slide so she could slide into it and make a big splash.


She had so much fun. Amazing how just a simple activity can lead to so many giggles and screams of delight!



3 comments:

  1. I'd like to find out more about the class you are taking. I'm interested in taking it myself.
    Oh, and at the World Beat I saw a mini Norabeth. Her parents were probably wondering why I kept staring at her. She was a real twin but 2 years younger or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Nora Beth poses for photos. We set up the pool today also. The kids had a blast. I am just loving this weather right now. I hope you had a lovely birthday!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you about the strawberries. I hated them until I moved here and tasted local berries. I've made the most fantastic strawberry ice cream the past few summers. This year we did strawberry shortcake, strawberry-rhubarb pie, and a strawberry Bakewell tart made from homemade freezer jam for Father's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete