Monday, June 29, 2009

Another Year

Saturday marked my 34th birthday. The number itself does not bother me. It is just a number and does not define me. I am neither young nor old...it just depends on who is looking at the number.

It really was a wonderful day filled with sunshine, good wishes and surprises by friends. I was able to spend the morning with my family, take a wonderful nap in the afternoon and spend the evening with friends. We went out for cake at Konditori and shared many laughs.

I think the biggest thing that is hitting home is a realization that I came to recently. I looked in the mirror a few weeks ago - you know, one of those really close, examine your face with bright light and magnification types of looks. What I saw was my grandmother looking back at me. More specifically, her eyes looking back at me. I saw the beginnings of the same lines she had around her eyes, just a much smaller version. This called me in into immediate action. I purchased an overpriced tub of ultra moisturizing eye cream that I am sure was the equivalent of a down payment on a small house. I even got the intense eye mask to go with it. How did I go from trying to dry out my skin to needing eye cream OVERNIGHT? Is this a sign of things to come? Anyone else notice these changes recently?

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, I am SO turning into my grandma!!! I think everyone is just trying to be nice by not mentioning my jowls that resemble a Neapolitan mastiffs. ugh!
    ...and I TOTALLY would have gone to the eye cream a year ago if I could afford the down payment that it cost! LOL

    Happy Birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete