Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TWD: Cinnamon Squares


This weeks choice of Cinnamon Squares was a great choice that I almost did not make. I am feeling a dessert overload lately. So many special events recently that another sweet treat just did not appeal to me. I hosted a Bunco party on Saturday night and decided to make these at the last minute. I am so glad I did!

The cake came together easily and I did not have to make any special trips to the grocery store for ingredients. I also did not have to use a mixer, very important since my kitchen is still without one (hint, hint birthday fairy!). I was curious about the flavor combination of a large amount of cinnamon, chocolate and espresso. It was delicious. Very moist and a perfect fit for the other foods that I served at my party. Head on over to Tracey's Culinary Adventures for a complete recipe and variations. Thanks Tracey!

5 comments:

  1. Looks delicious, and I'm sad I didn't get to try it. I baked something out of Dorie's cookbook this weekend too -- soft chocolate tart for the grad party I went to. It turned out amazing. I have just loved that cookbook.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing! I hope the birthday fairy is listening, because I think a mixer will be a big help for the perfect party cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved not having to use a mixer.

    Loved it.

    I thought this was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for baking with me this week! Your squares looks awesome. I hope the birthday fairy is good to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great picture of your Cinnamon Square cake which looks really yummy! The frosting is soo nice and thick - didn't you just love it?

    ReplyDelete