Wednesday, June 10, 2009

What a week

I have so many posts started and I just have not been able to hit publish. I have been looking for some wonderful and profound words, but I just can't find them right now. Basic is all I can get out right now. This last week has been such a roller coaster of life. Each day has brought something new. I have been so overwhelmed that I have preferred to just be in my cave. I am trying to pop my head out now.

The roller coaster started with a trip to the ER with Shianne on Thursday night. The freak thunderstorm we had on Thursday stirred up all kinds of pollens that did not agree with her lungs. She was having difficulty breathing, so we decided to take her in. Glad we did. She is feeling fine now.

The roller coaster took an unexpected flip that same evening. I feel honored to be a part of an amazing community of women. One of our own had the unimaginable happen when her daughter was born still. This has touched so many people that I know. The community has really pulled together to be there for her and her family. This brought up so many emotions for me, many that I did not expect. I know that this tragedy is not about me, but I do have to honor how I am feeling just to process it all. I really hope to be helping out those that need it over the next few weeks.

We left for our camping trip on Friday. It was just what I was needing. No phone. No e-mail. Campfire and sleep. I had such a great time just sitting by the fire. I also took some great naps. The girls had a great time playing and getting as dirty as possible. Lamar enjoyed many of the same things that I did, except he had fun drinks in his hand! We camped with a large group of about 20 friends.

We came home on Sunday. There were two funeral services that I wanted to attend, but instead I pulled the "mommy card" and went to Shianne's piano recital. She had a great performance. We got it on video, but for some reason, I am unable to upload it now. Afterwards, we went out for sushi - her favorite!

The camping trip was not good for my back. Sleeping on the air mattress just about did me in. I spent Monday and Tuesday unable to move off the couch. Of course, my chiropractor was not available. I felt better on Wednesday, but still not right. I got in for an adjustment today and feel so much better!

The roller coaster is pulling in now. I am ready to get off this ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment