Friday, January 2, 2009

Holiday Trip, New Years

We left the girls in Creston and headed to Des Moines to spend New Years Eve with friends from college. We had plans for a progressive party. We started off at one house with appetizers, then went to Cosi Cucina for a late dinner then headed to another house for drinks, games and dessert.

Lamar's friend had gone wild boar hunting and had his "trophy" mounted on the living room wall. Lamar thought this was great, I, of course, had a different idea. Lamar quoted Hannibal Lector all night long, just to get under my skin.

After a few drinks, Lamar thought it would be a good idea to get into the dog house. This obviously did not bother the the dog, Franklin, very much.

We had a great evening with our friends. Lots of drinks (water for me), games and Guitar Hero. I am still trying to convince Lamar to purchase a Wii. I think I am finally starting to break him down.

We were in bed by 3 AM. Got up early the next morning for a post-festivities breakfast and college football.


We made it back to Creston in the afternoon with just enough time for me to take a nap before we headed to Marie and Don's house. Another family function was planned there, this time with more "birth cousins" in town. It was fun to see more people that look like Lamar. There was an abundance of food and conversation, and of course, over stimulation for Nora Beth!

We were able to take a moment and get a picture of Shianne, Marie, Lamar, Nora Beth and Don. We had a great time visiting with all the new family.


It is tradition to make a resolution for the New Year. I always start off the year with the one that I am going to loose weight. Well I accomplished that one successfully last year, so it is time for a new one this year. Not only did I shed physical baggage last year, but also my fair share of emotional baggage came off with it also. This year I am going to concentrate on laughing more. I am slowing down my work and planning on spending more time with family and friends - laughing more. We have lots to look forward to this year and I want to enjoy every moment!

1 comment:

  1. Here's to lots of laughs (together) in the upcoming year. It will be a wonderful one for both of us.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete