Saturday, January 31, 2009

Nora Beth, My Finicky Eater

Nora Beth challenges me on a daily basis with her food demands. She wants to snack all day and not eat actual meals. She would also happily live off of Corn Flakes. Yes, just plain Corn Flakes, milk optional. I am always trying to find a way to get her to eat real food. She will not eat sandwiches. She insists on pulling all the parts of the sandwich apart, playing with them, then leaving them, very unappetisingly, on her plate.

I finally hit the jackpot with this lunch. I used to do this for Shianne. I made little cups out of bread - cut a circle, flattened bread, put in muffin cup and put into broiler to toast. I then put egg salad into the cups. She loved this! In fact she was so entertained that she even ate her veggies. I just love it when I can get her to eat without her thinking I am bribing her! Now, I just need to come up with more "filling" ideas other than egg salad.

1 comment:

  1. Hummus
    Chicken Salad
    Tuna Salad
    Leftover Pasta Sauce & meat
    Scrambled Eggs (& Meat/Veggies)
    Spinach Dip
    Alfredo Sauce & Chicken/Fish/Tofu/veggies
    Ground Beef/Veggie Crumbles & Tomato Sauce--sloppy joe style
    Meat/Tofu with Barb-q sauce

    You can also make "cups" out of wraps, corn tortillas, phyllo dough, and puff pastry and pizza dough.

    ReplyDelete