Tuesday, January 27, 2009

TWD: Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread

It is Tuesday, so that means it is time for Tuesdays With Dorie! This weeks challenge of Fresh Ginger and Chocolate Gingerbread is brought to us by Heather of Sherry Trifle. I had some reservations about making this - I just was not in the gingerbread mood. We had some friends over for dinner on Friday night and I decided to just try this.

It came together quite easily. I baked for the designated 40 minutes and it was still not done. Eight minutes later, it was overdone. GRRR!

Before the frosting went on, I decided to trim off the overdone edges. I then drizzled the frosting on. It was so pretty and glossy.

I served this with some fresh whipped cream. It was tasty, but a little strong for me. The coffee the frosting competed to much with the ginger and chocolate for my tastes. The cake was not overly sweet and a nice compliment to our dinner.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like something I would love. Seeing that cake reminded me of the DELICIOUS carrot cake you made for me (I so want the recipe).

    I hope your next TWD is something that you really like.

    Amy

    PS: Isn't ginger supposed to help an upset stomach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We especially loved the crispy edges. Sorry it wasn't a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, ginger is supposed to help with nausea, but unfortunately it gives me heartburn when I am pregnant. It is a no win situation for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gingerbread looks great. YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks delicious. Love the whipped cream. Mine was dry at first but it became moist with time and so delicious.
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Frosting looks great and the whipped cream just 'tops' it off and makes it perfect. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete