Friday, May 29, 2009

The real stuff

I went over to a friends house on Thursday to enjoy lunch and have our girls play together. It is always great to see friends. We had such a great conversation that hit so many different subjects, from the fun stuff to the serious stuff. Of course, the subject of my blog came up. It still amazes me that so many of you actually read this. So many of you cyber-stalk me in all the places I can be found on-line (my other blogs, website, Facebook, etc.).

My friend was asking me why my posts are just about all the good stuff in my life. I did not realize that my blog had that positive slant. I know that I have mentioned some of the negative things in my life. Trust me, I am just like you, and I do have my fair share of crap in my life.

I like to think of this blog as an eclectic kitchen sink with a combo of family life, food and personal musings. I have thought of having just single interest stuff, but I already have two other blogs that I write and the thought of separating this one just seems overwhelming to me right now. I actually like having the mix of everything. It is as if you are all over at my house in the kitchen being "real" with me.

It still feels weird to me at times to have my life so "out there" for everyone to see. I have nothing to hide. This is me. Take it or leave it. Fortunately, many of you, I see and/or talk to on a regular basis. There is a a small group that just "keeps tabs" on me here and will not talk in person - so be it. Then there are my "foodie friends." We may not know each other in person, but we can definitely relate to the love of food!

So here is to the kitchen sink - may it continue to be full of the "real stuff!"

1 comment:

  1. Blogging is a strange and wonderful thing. I'm glad I get to read this and talk to the in-flesh you.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete