Tuesday, May 26, 2009

TWD: Chipster Topped Brownies


We made it back from Hawaii and I was feeling up to spending time in the kitchen. We were planning a Memorial Day BBQ so I thought these brownies would be perfect.

I was thrilled with how easy they came together. I decided to use butterscotch chips instead of chocolate chips in the cookie portion. Lamar just loves butterscotch! I was not sure about the double layer of these brownies, but I was up for trying.

I found that the brownie layer and chocolate layer were wanting to mix together a bit while I was carefully spreading the cookie layer on top. I decided to give up the idea of a perfect presentation and just go with it.

These were a big hit in our house. Well enjoyed at the BBQ. I made Lamar take the leftovers to work today just so they would be out of the house and away from temptation. Thanks to Beth of Supplicious for choosing another great recipe from the book!

2 comments:

  1. Your brownie looks awesome! I don't think the layers mixed up too much at all! Butterscotch chips sound like a great sub too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used butterscotch too and liked the flavor. Otherwise would have been waaaaay to much chocolate.

    Yours look tasty.

    ReplyDelete