Friday, May 8, 2009

What's Next?

I find it rather ironic that the day after I post about all the roles a mom has, I find myself wearing all the hats at once.

I finally got the phone call that I have been waiting for and I run off to my final birth. It was so wonderful to be present at this birth. I was with this family 22 months ago and was honored when they asked me to be present with them again as they welcomed their second son. This birth also marked the beginning of my maternity leave from attending births. A bittersweet moment for me.

I make it home from the birth just before the sun starts to rise. I could hear Shianne coughing, but I thought it was just her allergies. She has such a hard time with them this time of year. After a discussion with Lamar, it was decided to take her in to the doctor. Turns out that she has pneumonia and a double ear infection.

Here is where I jump into all those hats with no sleep. I get her home. Go pick up Nora Beth from school, go get medicine, rush home, make dinner, get ready for class, re-arrange the sitter situation and head out the door for my final class. Come home, cuddle with the daughter, have a conversation with Lamar and go to bed. Wake up in the morning, Shianne is still coughing and now Nora Beth is vomiting on the freshly shampooed carpet. I deserve a designer hat!

So today, I have cleaned up the carpets, pampered the sick kiddos, baked bread, and the list continues. This gets me to thinking about the conversation that Lamar and I had early this morning. He wants me to write a book. I will talk more about this subject later. Looks like I have another hat to add to my wardrobe!

1 comment:

  1. You never get to slow down, do you? What a teaser about the book -- can't wait to hear more!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete