Wednesday, May 6, 2009

MOM - Manager of Miracles

For those moms out there, have you ever thought about what it is you do each day? What we do often goes unnoticed. I tried to come up with a list of all the roles I play on a daily basis - and this is just my work at home...

(in no particular order)

attorney
chef
doctor
stylist
gardener
house cleaner
chauffeur
personal assistant
seamstress
fairy godmother
veterinarian
teacher
receptionist
Umpire
Coach
Cheerleader
Accountant
Childcare
Entertainer
organizer
personal shopper


I am sure that I left many things out. You also have to realize that this job is 24/7. You have to be ready for anything at a moments notice.

So, what do you think the value of this job is in monetary terms? According to the new numbers from Salary.com the answer is $122,732.00 annually. That is quite a pay check - one that I would like to receive. Although I can't complain about what I do get - random "I love you mommy," "you rock!," goldfish crusted kisses, and the best cuddle time. I would not change anything about my life. I love being a mom to my girls.

As for me, my presence has been requested at a tea party. I need to go find my tiara.

No comments:

Post a Comment