Monday, October 13, 2008

4018 days

4018 days. What does this mean? This is how long Lamar and I have been married. This weekend marked our 11th wedding anniversary. Lamar was proud of himself with coming up with the actual number of days.

We were fortunate to have family friends volunteer to watch the girls overnight so we could get away for the night. THANK YOU E.Pat and Suzette! We stayed at the new resort at the Oregon Garden. This just opened up two weeks ago. We had a great meal, bottle of wine and enjoyed a relaxing evening with beautiful views.

We were afraid to go to far away since I am on call for a birth and my mamas have a tendency to want to labor on days that are important to me. It was still great to just be out of the house for one evening.

We had to come home on Sunday morning early enough for the Viking game. We enjoyed a lazy day and I made a great dinner for the family. I even did my best to keep it within the locavore rules. Everything was local except for the pork loin.

I made a Fennel and Paprika Pork Tenderloin with a Heirloom Tomato Salad and a Potato Galette. The meal was delicious and my picture does it no justice. We opened up a bottle of Pinot Noir that I had been saving for two years. It was delicious.



I also wanted a great dessert to follow this meal with. I tried to find a local ice cream, but could not find a flavor that I was happy with. I decided to make my own. I do own an ice cream maker and it is incredibly easy to use. The ice cream made its appearance with an apple crisp. Again, my photography gives no justice to the deliciousness of the food.




2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! Was that potato gallette as tricky to make as it sounds in the recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The potato gallette was very easy to make....and yummy!

    ReplyDelete