Friday, October 24, 2008

The Wheels on the Bus Go Round and Round....

During a recent conversation with a friend, she learned about my anxiety around public transportation. I am not against public transportation in any way, but the thought of figuring out a bus schedule and changing buses really causes my palms to sweat. Now my friend is a regular on the bus...and by choice! She was determined to show me that the bus is not all bad.

She took it easy on me and we met at the West Salem Transit and made our way across the bridge. We got off the bus and walked to the Carousel.

Nora Beth was so excited to ride the bus. Here she is with her friend. This excursion was a big deal for her. A bus ride, carousel ride and playing at the park...sounds like a great day for a three year old. To top it off, she got a chocolate ice cream cone on the way home. I definitely scored some points today!
Now the bus ride was not bad. I still have no plans on making this a regular event. The thought of changing buses and being on the other side of town with the bus being my only form of transportation, still causes my heart to race. Baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. When we lived in Portland I rode the bus to work every day for nearly three years, with multiple changes. The thought of it now, though, does not appeal to me. Something about having my kids with me, I suppose.

    Way to go, Stacey!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Eryca!

    You know, navigating town on buses, with transfers and scheduling and so on, is how I get around. I can't say I *enjoy* it... but it's not that bad when you're used to it.

    ReplyDelete