Friday, October 24, 2008

Lamar and the Girls - Sans Mom

I went away for my conference/retreat and left Lamar with the girls for four days. He was insistent that he had it under control.

He was bailed out for dinner by an invitation from the neighbors on day one of me being gone (thanks Chad and Joy!)

Day two he was feeling adventurous and actually made dinner. Fillet Mignon, pasta with my homemade sauce and green beans. Yes, he made a vegetable - albeit from a can - but nonetheless - a vegetable! He even staged the meal like I do with wine and a candle.
He was off to a good start, but it went down hill from there. McDonalds and Pizza Hut were the menu until I returned on Wednesday afternoon.

Lamar took the girls to Bauman Farms for some good fall fun. Here they are having a great time on the hay swing.



I had a wonderful time at my conference. There was delicious conversation on some serious birth topics. It was great to speak with like minded women and enjoy some much needed relaxation in the hot springs.
I arrived home to find the house clean, everyone fed and a pile of laundry needing my attention. Ahhhh.....back to reality!



1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun and that things were well taken care of while you were gone. That makes going away totally worth it.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete