Monday, October 13, 2008

Onion Soup saves the Day

I had a great day with Nora Beth today. We had a lazy morning then headed to the birth center to pick up our veggie box that was delivered. We are getting a local box of farm fresh, organic veggies from a midwife that I work with. It was filled with corn, cilantro, tomatoes, broccoli rabe, grapes, cucumbers and kale. I am sure a stir fry will be in order for tomorrow.
Nora Beth was fascinated by these flowers that were outside the birth center door. It was all I could do to convince her that they did not need to be picked.
We then went to the park for playgroup. She had such a good time with her friends. Here they are hanging from the play structure being monkeys! She was exhausted by the time we left.

Lamar has come down with a head cold. Of course, he thinks that the world is coming to an end. Whenever a cold hits our house, French Onion soup is made. The onions and garlic are great for congestion and the broth is good for the stomach. I pair French Onion soup with my signature 4 cheese grilled cheese sandwich on rustic bread. I know that the crouton and cheese belong in the soup, but I have issues with that. It is a texture that I do not enjoy, hence the grilled cheese on the side. Lamar was so satisfied with dinner, that he headed straight to bed - exactly where he needed to go to get himself well again.


2 comments:

  1. Nora and I have something in common -- I am fascinated by hollyhocks too.

    You're soup and sammies look divine.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there its Cash...just reading your blog. I love french onion soup, its my fav. Would you mind sharing your recipe?

    ReplyDelete