Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snowed In!

The snow started falling on Sunday morning. The girls got up extra early and started asking to go outside and play. It was just a dusting to start out with. I fed them breakfast, bundled them up and sent them outside. The wanted to have a snowball fight and build a snowman.

There was not much to build a snowman with, in fact I think they have equal amounts of bark dust and snow for this creation. They had so much fun.
I think our house looks so pretty with snow around it. I snapped this before the first melt started to happen. Later, the neighborhood kids would claim our driveway as the best place to sled down.
I had one lone flower in the front yard. I think the snow will do it in sometime today. What a contrast, a vivid purple flower with winter snow.

The snow was pretty much gone by noon. Shianne had her winter piano recital today. We trekked out and made it. She did a wonderful job on her 3 songs. Nora Beth was on her best behavior, but did not like the music so she covered her ears. By the end of the recital, the weather was changing again and we could see the snow coming in. We made it home, but any longer and we would have had a problem getting up our driveway.


It is now Wednesday and I have not left the house with the girls. To much ice and no good reason to leave. More snow and ice is moving in today. I am just going to clean around the house, let the girls play in the craft room and I am sure some hot cocoa by the fire will be in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment