Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TWD, Real Butterscotch Pudding

I was excited when I saw the recipe for next week, Real Butterscotch Pudding. It is hosted by Donna of Spatulas, Corkscrews and Suitcases (recipe will be posted on Dec. 23). This recipe is supposed to be for next week, but I am doing it out of order so I can make this. We will be gone for the next two challenges so I wanted to get this in this week. Butterscotch is one of Lamar's favorite flavors. He helped me out a lot today with the girls, so he really earned his treat. This pudding was very easy to make and fortunately I had all the ingredients on hand.

This pudding had a very different flavor than the stuff that comes from a box in the grocery store. You can really taste the scotch and it was not overwhelmingly sweet. After finishing his serving, Lamar proclaimed "I like Dorie!" He is even making plans for me to repeat this for a holiday function we are attending.

I served this in Martini glasses. The girls thought this was extra special to eat their dessert out of such an "adult glass." It is the little things that can make a simple pudding dessert extra-special. I really should do this more often.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so pretty and yummy. I just love your TWD posts.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pudding came out divine! I'm glad you all liked it so much. As you said, I'll be posting the recipe next week (bad timing with the holidays and all) and then we'll see what everyone else did with their pudding!

    On another note, So sorry to hear of your kitty. I'm sure she will be missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooh. I'm really looking forward to making this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty in the martini glass. I'm glad Lamar liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is AWESOME! I forgot about that. I have my martini and margarita glasses adorning the tops of the cupboards in the kitchen as some type of decor that reminds me of a time I could have a drink with adults.....I should totally pull them down for some wonderful child-friendly dessert, they would be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete