Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Holiday Trip, Day 5

Today was a pretty laid back day. Lamar and I ran some errands, mainly to the grocery store (OK we went to all three in town). We now have enough food to feed a small army between both houses. Lamar helped Vane with some home projects that Mary Ann wanted done. I successfully took a nap and did laundry.

We wanted to do an easy dinner, so I made some French Onion Soup and then some of the Butterscotch Pudding that I wrote about last week.

We went to church tonight. Shianne helped light candles with her grandparents and then helped read for part of the service. She looked so grown up - at least from my vantage point - I was in the next room looking through a small window with Nora Beth. Being quiet in church was just to difficult for Nora Beth to handle, she wanted everyone to hear her sing!

After we came home from church, I dished up the pudding while Nora Beth put on her own performance in front of the tree. I am not sure what she was singing - a tune that she made up on her own, but she owned her performance. We then enjoyed the pudding and let the girls open one present each. They were so excited to do this.

Now one part that I skipped over was the big announcement that Lamar and I did over dinner. We have been keeping a secret, and we are no longer able to stay quiet. We are expecting a baby....yes, I am PREGNANT!!!!! The new little Lindsay should be joining us sometime in late July. We are very excited about this, although there will be many changes around our house in the next few months to help accommodate the new baby.

It is late on Christmas Eve. I am ready for bed. I am sure to have two girls up early in the morning to see what is under the tree.

4 comments:

  1. Okay, I cried again!

    I am so excited for you guys, and can't wait to meet the little one. Enjoy your Christmas!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!!! We just got back from our trip to the in-laws and am catching up on your blog postings......I am SO very excited for you!

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! That's wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete