Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Tuesdays With Dorie, Sugar Cookies


It is Tuesdays With Dorie day! This weeks challenge of Grandma's All Occasion Sugar Cookies is hosted by Ulrike of Küchenlatein. These cookies are a variation of the standard sugar cookie recipe that we all seem to use this time of year for roll out cookies. The batter came together easily, but was softer than the recipe I usually use. I was feeling quite lazy, so I opted to just roll the dough into a log and chill it for about 4 hours. Nora Beth and I then cut slices off the log, put on the cookie sheet and sprinkled with colored sugar. They ended up looking more like birthday cookies than anything that comes from my kitchen this time of year. They were delicate and buttery with a hint of vanilla. The family approved, since the plate was clean by the next morning.

1 comment:

  1. I love things that are easy to do with kids. We did the same thing with gingerbread men last night. I just egg washed them and had the kids sprinkle them to decorate before I put them in the oven. Not very pretty, but the kids had fun and ate them up.

    I love your TWD posts!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete