Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Three Martini Day

A while back, my friend Eryca posted about having a two martini day. We have all had them. The days where it seems that everything is falling down around you, and it is only 9 AM. That is my day today.

Nora Beth had an accident in her bed, so I get her in the tub and strip her bed. I am rushing around the house because I have two important meetings today. I get Nora out of the tub and breakfast in front of her then jump in the shower myself....then I hear Shianne scream "Nora's Puking!" I rush out of the shower, almost slip on the tile then clean up the second mess of the morning. This is where I declare it a one Martini day.

I realize that my plans for childcare this morning are about to change. I can't take her to Melina's sick. Lamar is unable to help out since he is already at work. I call Lora to bail me out. This makes Nora happy since her Ya-Yo (what she calls Lora) is coming over. Then the heating contractor calls and says they are on their way over - a day early. This has to be a one in a million chance - to have a contractor actually be a day EARLY!

Lora is on her way over, the contractors show up and I am dressed for my first appointment. Then my appointment calls and cancels - she has the same stomach bug that has Nora Beth on the couch with a bowl in front of her. This is where I declare it a two Martini day.

Lora shows up and we are chatting and looking at pictures, Nora is happily entertained with TV and her before mentioned bowl is getting some attention from the cat (argh - another mess!). I am just getting ready to leave for my second important appointment of the day, when the phone rings. That appointment cancels. It is officially a THREE martini day now and it is not even noon yet.

So why do I have a picture of Boba in this post? He looks like he could use a martini after Nora Beth had her way with him last night. She thought Boba would make a cute princess.

1 comment:

  1. What a day!!!

    I sure hope you don't get the bug and you can reschedule those appointments for sooner rather than later.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete