Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hanging with the Peeps

Nora Beth thought this day would never come. Today was the first day of Spring Soccer! She just loves to kick the ball around. She is finally old enough to play. She is in the parent-tot level. Since Lamar was at work, it meant that I had to be out there kicking the ball with her.

The soccer teachers had them make funny faces whenever they were talking. She thought this was fun.
She was so excited to kick the ball up and down the field. She did not want to do any of the drills, she just wanted to run with the ball. Never mind learning the basics - she is ready for the game!

After soccer we came home and decorated some Easter eggs. Shianne had a method to doing this. Nora Beth only wanted pink eggs - go figure!

While the eggs were drying, we made some homemade Peeps. The process was quite easy (It would have been even easier if I had a new stand mixer...hint hint Easter Bunny!). I used this recipe that I found on Tastespotting. It was a bit of a learning curve to get the shape right, but not that hard.
Nora Beth could not wait for them to completely set up before she dug into them. Fresh marshmallows are just delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Nora Beth's a girl after my own heart -- you would definitely see me shoving marshmallows in my mouth if they were sitting around. I love them homemade!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete