Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Baby Room Reveal



I have been working hard for the past two weeks to paint the baby's room. Since we do not know the gender, we needed to do something neutral, but I had no desire for a yellow room or anything with a solid color. I found some crib sheets that served as my inspiration and the room was born. I love how it turned out. I still need to make curtains and a chair cover, but that is not as pressing as getting the paint on the walls. Getting all those chocolate dots painted was definitely a labor of love.

It was hard for me to paint this room. This room was previously Lamar's office. I had spent many hours doing a faux leather technique on the walls for him to create the "man cave" he did not know he wanted. It was a surprise for him that I did while he was away for a long weekend with friends. It took two coats of primer to cover the dark paint. I then painted the cream stripe, taped off clean lines and then did the colors. It took three coats of each color to get the right coverage. I then painted the dots. I created a stencil and painted away. The dots also took three coats to get the right color. Very tedious, but worth it.

I am feeling good. The migraines are not gone, but getting better. My stomach is growing at a record pace. Baby is very active. Lamar was actually able to feel it move last night for the first time. The girls have been feeling it for weeks. I am about 24 weeks right now. Baby will be here before we know it. I have two more births to attend in the next two weeks and then I will be officially on "maternity leave." I plan on playing with the girls, going to Hawaii with Lamar and finishing some projects around the house. I do have some things that we need to get for baby, mainly diapers and a new crib mattress. I will concentrate on that when we get back from Hawaii. I will get a belly shot posted soon.

3 comments:

  1. I just love how it turned out -- it is so relaxing, as I think every baby room should be. The nursery always seems to end up being my refuge (probably because it is the only place that stays clean and tidy).

    I'm so glad you are feeling better. My sis went to Hawaii at about 32 weeks pregnant, and had a blast. Nothing like a cute belly in a swimsuit.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you appear to be quite artistic...I am re-doing a writing desk and a changing table/dresser for the room baby and I are going to be sharing. Ideas?
    I want to go eclectic and the things that I I love in my room and that are definitely staying are purple, if that helps you to help me. LOL

    ReplyDelete