Tuesday, April 21, 2009

TWD: Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding

This weeks choice of Four Star Chocolate Bread Pudding was chosen by Lauren of Upper East Side Chronicle. I was really excited about this choice. We just love bread pudding. There is a local pub that has terrible service and even worse food, but their bread pudding is worth putting up with the bad things. We will often go there just for their bread pudding and cinnamon ice cream after eating our actual meal someplace else. This weeks choice is almost worth staying home for.

I really got to do two baking projects for this dessert. I had intended on purchasing a loaf of Challah at the local bakery since I still do not have a new mixer. By the time I remembered to get the bread, the bakery was closed. I pulled out the life saver book of Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes A day. There was a recipe for Challah, and even better, no kneading! I made a half batch, enough for two loaves. I was not sure how this bread would turn out, but I was pleasantly surprised. It was probably one of the best loaves of bread I have made recently!

After cooling, I cut up the bread so it could start to dry out. I made the bread pudding today. It was super easy to make. Just took minutes to pull together. The girls could hardly wait for it to come out of the oven. I served it with some vanilla bean ice cream. Delicious! Just the extra comfort I needed tonight.


5 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks amazing, but then you bring out the vanilla bean ice cream, and you make me drool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! That challah belongs in a magazine. We also love bread pudding, but have never tried chocolate. Looks delicious.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmmmm, hurry, bring me leftovers for breakfast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are among the fabulous bakers who made their own challah. I am so jealous. I bought mine. Either way I thought it was delicious. Yours looks yyuuummmm
    AmyRuth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ended up making my own bread too, so it was doubly fun. It WAS all easy to put together. Yours looks really good. And with the ice cream. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete