Sunday, July 19, 2009

Baby BBQ

On Saturday, our friends threw a big BBQ for us to celebrate the baby. I did not want a traditional baby shower and I had an amazing Blessingway with Nora Beth that I did not want anything that would compete with that. So, a big BBQ with friends was just what we needed. Lora did a great job of pulling everything together. I am so grateful to her for so many things. It was great to see so many people come and celebrate with us. We had friends from all facets of our lives - work, social, kids, his and hers - an eclectic mix.

Here I am with my friend Karinda. We are "due" at the same time, both having baby #3.


Lamar even had a moment of paying homage to the belly!

No party at the Lindsay house is complete unless Lamar blows something up! The fireworks came out and he is now missing some hair on his left arm and the neighbors have a small black spot in their lawn. Someday he will learn.

2 comments:

  1. Love that top pic! :) You'll have to send me the other one too, I wanna see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for inviting me. It was seriously the best food I've ever had at a barbecue, and it was so fun to see all of the people there to support such an amazing family. Not too much longer :)

    Amy

    ReplyDelete