Friday, July 31, 2009

A day with no plans

Today was a day with no plans. I almost don't know what to do with myself when my day planner has nothing on it. I quickly figured out that it would be a good morning to sleep in. Lora called and woke me up around 11 AM. The girls were happily entertaining themselves with television. I quickly got up and dressed as Lora was walking in the front door. After her visit we came up with lunch and then decided to do something.

The something we came up with was not that fun, but had to be done. We tackled Nora Beth's room. I am not sure how she does it, but she can turn a perfectly clean room into war zone in a matter of moments. We got it all put back together and it looks really good now.

As a treat for finishing the room project, the girls had a tea party. Nora Beth was so excited that I let her use some of my pretty dishes. Shianne played along with Nora Beth.



After the tea party, the girls wanted to go outside and play in the Slip N Slide. The weather was not nearly as warm today as it has been in the past week. I have not let them play outside with the 100+ degree weather, so the low 90's were a great relief and they had lots of fun sliding down the hill.
Tomorrow, we are going to head back to the cabin for a day of family fun. Lamar has not made it up there yet this summer, so this may be his only chance. I am going to assume that baby is not going to make his appearance tonight. Next week we are expecting some thunderstorms and a full moon - one of those events had better send me into labor!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, a slip and slide down your hill would be perfect! My kids love slip and slide, have a blast, and I'm surprised at how they can propel their bodies down it on flat land. A hill looks like so much more fun. :)

    ReplyDelete