Saturday, August 8, 2009

Cheesy Potato Goodness

Today, I treated Shianne to some alone time with me and we went to see a movie. She wanted to see Julie and Julia, the new movie about Julia Child. Shianne is a foodie, just like me. We smuggled in our candy and shared a popcorn and soda. I almost felt guilty eating such crap food while watching a movie centered around French cooking...almost!

We came home and Lamar wanted to grill some ribs. I decided that we needed some cheesy scalloped potatoes to go with the ribs, in homage to the movie. This is a dish that I do not make often because it never seems to turn out to my expectations. But today, I felt fearless. Lets give this another try. The ingredients are so simple. Potatoes, half and half, butter, garlic and cheese. I heated everything on the stove then put it in the oven for a hour.

What I pulled out was next to perfection. The potatoes were cooked, no curdling of the sauce and a perfect cheese crust on the top. MMM! The perfect accompaniment to the ribs. We even grilled some zucchini from the garden. We all rolled ourselves away from the dinner table very content.

1 comment:

  1. Yum!!
    I had some yummy ribs tonight as well, but made some boiled eggs and cut them in half and put seasoning in the inside... SO GOOD! and then made some corn on the cob, and for dessert fruit salad!
    Very filling but so good! :)
    I think I might try making that that cheesy potato goodness tomorrow. :) ha ha
    XoXoBee

    ReplyDelete