Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Overdue

That one little word seems to define so much in my life lately. The world seems to be so obsessed with this word and it's implications. This word just overwhelms me right now. Let me clarify that, the word itself does not overwhelm me, it is the reaction to it. I have no problem with the fact that I have passed my due date. I firmly believe that baby will come when he is ready and that rushing it is not beneficial for either of us. A "due date" is not a magic number, like a timer that goes off when baking a cake. It is just an estimation, a window of time. Most pregnancies are closer to 42 weeks long.

I have gone into hiding mode. I know that I am not answering the phone or e-mails right now. The phone rings constantly. I know that everyone is excited to hear baby news, but we will announce when he arrives. No news, means he is not here yet. Lamar was just home for a few days and now understands what I have been telling him for the past few weeks. There is no break from the constant phone calls.

I am spending my days sleeping and playing with the girls. We have been having lots of fun with games, tea parties and crafts. We even did some school shopping for Shianne. Everything is ready for baby.

I know that everyone means well. Please know that I am very well taken care of. I have some friends who are great support and are showering me with meals, laughter and cake! Check back and we will let you know all the baby info as soon as we do.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, assuming you're still pregnant tonight, want to come to knitting? 6:30-9 at the Beanery on Liberty.

    ReplyDelete