Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Chewie

I skipped the TWD baking challenge this week in lieu of making these Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies simply called The Chewy by Alton Brown. Shianne had a friend over today and we decided to bake. It was a wise decision. These cookies were as close to perfect as I could say. They had a rich caramel undertone that balances with the chocolate chips and just the right amount of salt. The cookies were truly chewy which is a definite feat coming out of my oven since I only bake on stoneware which tends to make crispier cookies. These will definitely be made again in the near future.

2 comments:

  1. I am not a cook by any means, but will occasionally attempt baking and oh my goodness both the blueberry crumb cake and the cookies sound AWESOME. It's really too bad that I mostly spend my time salivating over others creations. Those look so tempting though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Before we were gluten free The Chewy was our standard cookie. I think Alton has a GF recipe for his cookies though. He's got several versions of his wheat chocolate chip cookies. There was a whole episode on it, quite funny.

    ReplyDelete