Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Still Here

I know it has been a week since I have posted. Not much has really happened around here. I have been working around the house, mainly in my office and in Nora Beth's room. Pictures to come of both soon.

On Saturday night, Lamar and I went to the Second Annual Winemakers Dinner for Namaste Vineyard. Just like last year, the food was delicious. We enjoyed great conversation with the couples around us. This year I was unable to indulge in the vino due to the little one in my belly, but Lamar made sure none went to waste.

On another note, I do have a funny story from the past week about Nora Beth. I was helping out a friend and took her mother to a doctors appointment. Upon returning back to her apartment in a retirement community, she fell and I was unable to get her back up. I called for some emergency help and told Nora Beth to wait by the front door for help to arrive. When she saw help approach she announced "Hurry, my mommy is having a baby!" This is not quite what they were expecting to hear, especially in a retirement community. We all got a good laugh once they realized that I was not in labor and that it was a situation they could handle easily. Fortunately, my friends mother was fine. We left with a funny story to tell.

2 comments:

  1. That story made me giggle -- I can just imagine her saying that. Namaste is right by my house. Glad you had fun!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was still in my first trimester, I was running a little late coming home and my friend picked up my daughter from school for me. When my daughter asked where I was, my friends 7 yr old son automatically said, she's probably at the hosptial, she's having a baby you know. LOL

    ReplyDelete